Friendships and Motherhood


I’ve started this blog over and over again, erasing every word I’ve typed for a good ten minutes now. That’s a lot of thoughts, erased.

I had this vision of writing this really great blog about friendship. And how it’s hard, but so wonderful. Because I firmly believe that. Friendships are hard and wonderful.

But lately.

Lately I’ve kinda had this feeling that some friendships are kicking my butt and leaving me exhausted.
Which I can honestly say, at this current moment, I ain’t got time for all that.

Mom brain is a real thing, and since it’s got 95% of my brain that leaves me with 5% for myself. And trying to fit in friendships that keep me feeling crappy isn’t going to happen.

So maybe this will be a post about being really thankful for the friendships I have that are thriving. One’s that have happened over time, one’s that I’ve didn’t see coming, and the one’s that have been here for as long as I can remember.

Being a mom doesn’t mean I’ve given up on friendships. In fact, I feel like I’ve made a point to get together more with friends near by. To try and make plans. Sometimes it hasn’t worked out. Sometimes I’ve tried to hard with people.

And that’s what can’t happen anymore.

I don’t think we’re supposed to drain ourselves for others, when they don’t seem to care.


Again, I’ll state. I’m so thankful for the friendships I have. For the women in my life that just get me. That understand what’s going on in my life. Some of them are other moms, some of them aren’t.

Can I just say for a minute, that I’m reaaaally thankful for my non-mama friends. Who make it a priority to ask how my life is, and come see my babe. Nothing makes a mama’s heart bigger than her friends lovin on her baby.

Where am I going with this post? Not sure.
Having one of those vomit of the keyboard type things happening.

I’m just thankful for the friends in my life who are here for me.

You know who you are. Love you. Mean it.

You may also like